Friday, May 11, 2012

A Pouf in Progress


Between work, taking care of the casa and another crafty project that my husband and I needed to work on, the progress of Operation Pouf has not been nearly as dynamic as I had hoped for thus far. 16 rows later, this is how it’s looking. (You’ll have to forgive the picture quality, for whatever reason, the yarn looks a bit darker than its actual bright saturation)

A Pouf in Progress...

However, this weekend promises to give me a few quiet moments to work on my little green pouf. *fingers crossed*

You know something that amazes me about knitting? While you’re looping yarn and clacking those needles together, you can’t actually see any huge project-changing results. You finish a row, hold it out and just believe that all those little slip knots are going to create something pretty good-looking in the end.

It seems to bear a remarkable resemblance to life. Our lives are woven between circumstance and situation, between days and time. The Master weaves and loops, adds and drops stitches. At times we look at what is being created confused, apathetic, or worried that we’ll never actually become anything.

But just like my bright green yarn doesn’t question what I am doing with it or why it’s going to become a pouf and not a pair of house slippers; so we should also put our faith and trust in the fact that God is Perfect, Just, and has our lives safely patterned into something beautiful. I am certainly not saying that there aren’t hard days when you’re being stretched and yanked and twisted. Or that one day at a time can seem so monotonous or unbearable. But regardless, we need to remember to look at the Master Weaver and not think at what's happening as a measure of who God is.

Just a thought. J I’ve always been fascinated how God has filled life with parallels that draw us to Him.

More on the pouf to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment