Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wrap N' Roll

Has your hair ever had one of "those days" or maybe one of those hair weeks...months?

When I found out I was pregnant, I decided I would attempt to grow out my much favored A-line haircut. (I haven't had long hair since I graduated high school) With the wonders of prenatal vitamins causing me hair and nails to grow at a much more rapid pace, it's been fairly easy. However, my hair has finally found that awkward stage between a short hair cut and my mid-length goal. When I'm doing things around the house or running errands, sometimes I just don't want to fight with my hair.

So, when I stumbled across this amazing head wrap DIY project I simply HAD to give it a try! All you need is a large T-shirt, a ruler, and a pair of scissors.

This link is the original DIY. Alisa Burke's blog and artwork is BEAUTIFUL!
http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2012/02/fashion-friday-turban-headbands.html
The website also has the full instructions and how to twist it onto your head.

I went to H&M and picked up two large men's shirts (one teal and one white and navy striped) for 9 dollars and some change. However, ANY old shirt will work perfectly! When I got home, I laid the first shirt on a flat surface and measured 8 inches from the bottom. I used several straight pins and eyeballed a line across the shirt. Then using the scissors, I carefully cut the fabric along the line. It creates a large loop and once it was cut I was ready to go!

You put the loop over your head and on your neck and then twist it over your hair. If it's too big, you do the same thing again. (A great visual instruction is on the link above) It's so quick and easy and keeps the hair in place and out of the way. Plus it gets you in touch with your slightly hippy bohemian side. They're also great for working out because the double as stylish sweat guards. You can layer them, twist them, and wash them with the next load of t-shirts. Here's me sporting the two I made on a recent trip to Rocky Point Mexico. I hope you enjoy making your own and adding a new friend to your hair accessory collection!



Mangos on the beach? Yes please! This was the teal head wrap.



A very pregnant me and my husband venturing to some amazing seashells on the reef. 
Of course sporting my navy and white striped head wrap:)


No comments:

Post a Comment